Adding Highlights to Dyed Hair

Category Coloring
Once you have dyed your hair to the color you like, add some highlights to make your new color really pop. Adding highlights to dyed hair will add additional contrast to your hairstyle.

I bleached my hair on Sunday. It was awful; I used too much bleach and it was orange. I colored it back to light brown on Friday. When can I pull it thru a cap and add bleach highlights?

Answers

Best Answer

Ooh it's going through a lot of heavy processing. For your hair not to fry, wait 5 or 6 weeks before you lift again. It's the worst thing when you lift colour from the roots too quickly again-- you can't rid the brittle.

I would wait until it grows out all the way before adding high lights.

I would deep condition weekly for a month and then do it.

Bleaching takes a lot out of your hair and can make your hair dry if not done correctly. Then you went and dyed your hair again a few days later. I wouldn't do anything more to your hair for another 8 weeks. During this time you'll need to do a few heavy conditioning treatments on your hair so when you add highlights you won't damage your hair further.