Adding Highlights to Dyed Hair

Category Coloring
Once you have dyed your hair to the color you like, add some highlights to make your new color really pop. Adding highlights to dyed hair will add additional contrast to your hairstyle.

I bleached my hair on Sunday. It was awful; I used too much bleach and it was orange. I colored it back to light brown on Friday. When can I pull it thru a cap and add bleach highlights?

Answers

Best Answer

Ooh it's going through a lot of heavy processing. For your hair not to fry, wait 5 or 6 weeks before you lift again. It's the worst thing when you lift colour from the roots too quickly again-- you can't rid the brittle.

I colored my hair a natural color a few weeks ago. If I add blue Splat highlights will it ruin my hair?

Answers

What I would do is to save hairs from my hairbrush until I had enough to do a swatch test. Then you will see if you like the color. If you do, deep-condition your hair and color the next day.

If it was permanent, you should wait a couple more weeks to use the Splat.