Additions to Chicken Soup

I know at one point I have posted my homemade chicken soup. Today I found out that two of my neighbors' families have come down with the flu! Well, there is onlyone cure for anything that ails you... chicken soup! I made a huge pot of soup. My basic chicken soup with onions, celery, carrots, seasonings, and noodles. I packed two big bowls and put them outside my neighbors' doors. I didn't get even close, I don't need or want the flu! So with the extra soup that I kept for myself, I tried something new and exciting!

1. For the soup, after you have the broth, chicken pieces, water, seasonings, bring to a boil.
  2. While you take all the first single pieces of veggies, put them all into a chopper and blend them fine.
  3. Add to the soup. Cover and let simmer for about two hours.
  4. Time for a test taste, youre looking for a need for more salt, pepper, garlic or something to spice it up! Or not!
  5. Last 15 minutes, add broken pasta stirring it in until cooked, leaving it a bit under cooked.
  6. Youre neighbors soup is ready! Make sure you keep enough for your own soup.
  7. Now, for your own soup, be creative! I shredded 2 cups of fresh cabbage, 1/2 cup of fresh sliced celery, 1/2 cup of fresh sweet onion, a garlic clove chopped, 2 cups of baby spinach, and just dropped them all on top of the soup! I gave them a few stirs. Turned heat down to simmer for only 10 minutes. You want these veggies not to get soggy, they taste and look better cooked Al dente. This looks so colorful and smells fantastic!
  8. Ready to serve. Careful, its very hot! Tastes similar to a Chinese vegetable soup.

Anonymous

You mention 'cups' of linguine. How many cups, please?

Food and Recipes Recipes Soups ChickenJanuary 26, 2020
🐛
🌻
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Additions-to-Chicken-Soup.html