Additions to Chicken Soup

Category Chicken
Adding extra vegetables to a basic homemade chicken noodle soup will add to its nutritional value and enhance the flavor. It will be comforting and delicious.

I know at one point I have posted my homemade chicken soup. Today I found out that two of my neighbors' families have come down with the flu! Well, there is onlyone cure for anything that ails you... chicken soup! I made a huge pot of soup. My basic chicken soup with onions, celery, carrots, seasonings, and noodles. I packed two big bowls and put them outside my neighbors' doors. I didn't get even close, I don't need or want the flu! So with the extra soup that I kept for myself, I tried something new and exciting!

• 2 lb cut-up chicken, boneless
  • 3 Cartons (32oz) chicken broth
  • 1 qt water
  • 1 onion, celery stalk, handful fresh basil, large carrot, garlic clove, handful fresh parsley... only for the stock!
  • Seasonings: 1/2 tsp each (with taste test) salt, black pepper, 1 Tbsp. sugar, garlic powder, minced garlic, basil leaves, parsley, celery powder, sage, season salt or old bay seasoning, thyme, rosemary, marjoram
  • 1- 1 1/2 lb thin sliced scrubbed carrots
  • cups linguine
  • 2 cups of thin shredded cabbage
  • 2 cups baby spinach
  • Small bag petite baby green peas
  • A few fresh basil leaves

1. For the soup, after you have the broth, chicken pieces, water, seasonings, bring to a boil.
  2. Advertisement

3. While you take all the first single pieces of veggies, put them all into a chopper and blend them fine.
  4. Add to the soup. Cover and let simmer for about two hours.
  5. Time for a test taste, youre looking for a need for more salt, pepper, garlic or something to spice it up! Or not!
  6. Last 15 minutes, add broken pasta stirring it in until cooked, leaving it a bit under cooked.
  7. Youre neighbors soup is ready! Make sure you keep enough for your own soup.
  8. Now, for your own soup, be creative! I shredded 2 cups of fresh cabbage, 1/2 cup of fresh sliced celery, 1/2 cup of fresh sweet onion, a garlic clove chopped, 2 cups of baby spinach, and just dropped them all on top of the soup! I gave them a few stirs. Turned heat down to simmer for only 10 minutes. You want these veggies not to get soggy, they taste and look better cooked Al dente. This looks so colorful and smells fantastic!
  9. Advertisement

10. Ready to serve. Careful, its very hot! Tastes similar to a Chinese vegetable soup.

Food and Recipes Recipes Soups ChickenJune 13, 2020
🎆
😎
🐛
😷
🌻
👔