Adjusting the Needle Position on a Kenmore Sewing Machine?

My Kenmore 158 13010 needle is left of center. How do I get it to center and or how do I adjust it left to right and center. I don't have the manual, but it is a problem.

Best Answer

It sounds like you are between settings from straight stitch to zig zag and just need to get it cleaned and clicked back correctly.

Carefully click through all of your settings (zigzag and straight) and see if the needle moves at all.

If it is NOT moving at all or is struggling to move, open the front case carefully clean the gears. Sometimes dust gets into the gears and prevents it from clicking back between stitches.

If it is moving correctly through the other stitches and just not going back to the straight stitch, something may be bent, so you will want to have it checked by a professional.

Do you have a sewing shop nearby that offers troubleshooting services?

I have one of the old Kenmores and I find it performs much better overall with just a good cleaning. The front panel opens, clean there--the case pops off...clean there and most importantly, the undercarriage is a total dust magnet so clean there often.

Never use canned air as it makes things worse. I find that an old toothbrush works well...just have your strokes be away from the machine, not into the machine.

If you have a small hand held vacuum cleaner, I sometimes run that over the machine (not touching it...just over it) and it sucks away the dust.

Post back with an update!

You can go on Kenmore.com for answers. Also you can go to youtube.come for step by step and trouble shooting!

I believe this is what you are looking for. Here is a great video that will teach you how to do this.

The person has done an excellent job and this video is easy to follow and adjust the needle yourself. www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySs4xQf6Veo

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesFebruary 1, 2020
🎆
👔
😷
🐛
😎
🌻