Affordable Natural Flea Prevention
This remedy works well in my home. I frequently use it just for prevention of fleas.
Total Time: over night + bathing time
Yield: 1 gallon
- apple cider vinegar
- fresh rosemary
- 1 gallon milk jug
- Saran Wrap
- Dawn dish washing liquid (original blue)
- a small to medium pot
- In one gallon jug add apple cider vinegar and water 1/1 parts about half way in the gallon jug.
- Steep the rosemary with boiling water covering it with the Saran Wrap (like a tea).
- Let mixtures set over night.
- The next morning pour the steeped rosemary tea in the gallon jug with the apple cider vinegar mixture and finish the gallon off with tap water.
- Bathe animals with Dawn dish washing liquid and let it set for a while. Rinse animal completely with warm water; remember the animal's temperature is a little higher than ours, so a little warmer than room temp won't hurt.
- After being completely rinsed off let them drip dry and shake a few minutes. Then pour the mixture on the animal. You want to rub it through the coat and into the skin, then let them go! Let them air dry.
The apple cider vinegar is said to make the skin acidic and less attractive to the fleas and fleas are also repelled by the rosemary. This has been very successful in my home. My little dog rubs and wallows on everything trying to get the smell of the rosemary off. You can also place the mixture in a spray bottle to spray bedding, furniture, closets, and under beds!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!