Almost Zuppa Toscana
A "copycat" to the popular Olive Garden recipe, using simple pantry ingredients.
Total Time: 7 hours
Yield: 4 servings
Source: adapted from Olive Garden's popular soup
- 4 Italian sausage links - roughly half pound (I used turkey)
- 4 cups diced potatoes (I kept skins on)
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp each garlic salt and black pepper
- 4 cups kale, rinsed and rough chopped, stems removed
- 1 cup sour cream or sour cream veggie dip (my "pantry clean out")
- Brown sausage with garlic and onion until cooked through (I used water to simmer, but olive oil would work, too). Let cool and cut sausage into bite sized chunks.
- Load up the crockpot with onion, garlic, sausage, potatoes, chicken broth, water, salt and pepper. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Add in kale and sour cream. Cook on low for 30 minutes.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.