Aloe and Mung Bean Coconut Dessert
Fresh aloe slices, boiled mung beans, sugar, and coconut milk are combined to make a delicious dessert. It is excellent warm right from the stove or chilled.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is an easy dessert you can make with just a few ingredients. This refreshing dessert can be served cold, or right off the stove warm.
Prep Time: 20 minutes + soak mung beans (45 minutes in advance)
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 people
- 12 stems aloe vera (used from our garden)
- 1 cup sugar
- dash salt
- 1/2 cup mung beans
- 1 8.5 oz coconut milk
- 3 cups water
- Clean aloe vera. Peel both sides and thinly slice the aloe vera and set aside.
- Soak mung beans in warm water for 45 minutes.
- Boil 3 cups of water then add mung beans. Allow to boil again. This process will be about 10 minutes.
- In the remaining 5 minutes add aloe slices, sugar, dash of salt. Then stir in coconut milk.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.