AlterationsClothing

Altering Clothes to Fit More Snuggly

You ever have clothes that you wish were a size or two smaller? This tip is what I do to all my clothes that I want them to fit snug.

Simply turn the clothing you wish to alter inside out. Then you can mark it with a pen, pin, or staple it on the seams where you want to take it in.

Then you can sew down following the existing seam. If you are doing pants I recommend doing both sides to balance for even proportions. If your doing a blouse or top then sew from the underarms and all the way down.

This doesn't take long and requires very little skill. Best of all it beats the price in purchasing another pair of pants and the amount of time it takes to grow into them.