Amaryllis Not Blooming

I brought an Amaryllis last Christmas. Last year it didn't bloomed, it just grew long leaves. I let it go dormant and grew it again this Christmas. Again there are no blooms, only leaves. I even fertilized it. This is the first one I have had in 12 years that did not bloom. I have brought one every year and had them bloom.

According to this article, you need a period to let the plant dry out. www.gardeningknowhow.com/.../no-flowers-on-amaryllis.htm

I am having the same issue. I think there are just bad batches out there. I have had others for years that always bloomed and I never fertilized. If you got it at a big box store like I did, I think they don't take care of them in transit and that ruins the bulb. The good ones I had came from garden websites. They were more expensive, but clearly I got what I paid for, as the cheap ones threw leaves and nothing else.