Apple Mango Dessert
This dessert is great in autumn or whenever you have a surplus of otherwise uneatable apples. You cook the apples and then add other things to make it even more flavorful and healthy.
Prep Time: 90 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 90 minutes
- 10 apple and/or pears
- 4 cups water
- 3 mangos
- 1/2 pineapple
- 4 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp black pepper
- 2 inches cut up ginger
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- berries (for decoration/garnish)
- 6 Tbsp tahini or peanut butter or other nut butter
- Wash, cut, and core apples/pears. Optionally you can peel them (I tend to leave peels on). Then add pieces to big pot with water and boil until apples become super soft. Alternatively, you can just use store=bought applesauce in lieu of this step
- Cut up ginger, peeling it first, and set aside pieces.
- Drain water, cut up mangos. Add mango pieces to stewed apples. If you're also adding pineapple, cut that up too. Add to stewing apples.
- Depending on your blender, add the fruit in stages. Make sure it is very pulpy and mixed every time you add the new fruit.
- Add chia seeds and pulse some more.
- Begin adding spices and pulse to taste. You may find you want to add less or more spice than I recommended.
- Add tahini/peanut butter and continue blending. Add maple syrup to taste if you're adding it.
- Dish out, and add berry garnish. This can be frozen for a long time, or chilled then served.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!