Applesauce Raisin Cake Recipe
Applesauce raisin cake is a delicious treat your whole family will enjoy. This is a page about applesauce raisin cake with butter cream icing
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I just made this for the first time this weekend. I wanted to make my usual apple cake, but did not have any fresh apples in the house. I did have 2 cans of applesauce, so I decided to make an applesauce cake. I figured it should use the same or close to the same ingredients as my apple cake recipe.
- 1-3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2-1/2 cup cake flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup plump raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (opt)
- Butter Cream Icing
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk or creamer
- 2 cups powdered sugar (confectioner's)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven 325 degrees F. Prepare your bundt cake pan with spray oil and flour.
- In a mixing bowl, add the sugar, brown sugar, melted butter, eggs, vanilla and applesauce. Mix with an electric mixer for 2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- In a second bowl, add your flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, salt and baking soda. Stir it well.
- With the electric mixer, add the flour to the wet ingredients until all is mixed well.
- Add the raisins and nuts. Fold them into the batter with a spoon.
- Pour the batter evenly in the bundt cake pan. Place in the center of the oven and bake for 60 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out dry. While the cake is baking, you should be making your icing.
- To make the icing melt the butter in a saucepan. With a whisk, rapidly mix in the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. Whisk this fast for a creamy texture. If too thin, add more powdered sugar, until you get a nice thick icing.
- Let the cake set until warm. Then turn the cake over onto a cake dish.
- Pour icing over a warm cake. Quickly refrigerate to harden the icing.
- You can serve this about fifteen minutes after it has been refrigerated. The cake will be still warm and the icing set. It really tastes yummy! It tastes like a cinnamon bun to me.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.