Applying Glitter to Furniture

I am trying to design my own children's line of furniture and who doesn't love glitter! My only problem is I've never worked with glitter on anything but paper. Does anyone have suggestions on how to make this work? My question is how do you make it stay on the furniture piece and not get all over the kids? What are your ideas on glitter and furniture?

By Tania M

I don't know if this would work, but you could experiment. I saw on the Pinterest.com site, where you mix Mod Podge and fine glitter. Then brush it on paper to do crafts. You might try it with different ratios of Mod Podge to glitter to see how it worked and also if it works on wood/plastic or the material you are using for the furniture. The glitter does not come off on the paper craft I made, which is the quality I liked. Good luck to you and your venture.