Ask to Waive Late Charges

Once in awhile we make mistakes and may forget to pay our bill(s). Then, the upcoming bill a late fee penalty will be charged. The penalty fee varies depending on the bill, but for my internet bill I accidentally forgot to pay and the fee was $9.

As a loyal customer of my internet provider, I contacted them via their customer service number and told them my situation. Once I realized I forgot to pay, I made my payment. They were happy that I was a loyal customer and waved my fee. It does not hurt to call and try to waive a fee. I saved $9.

Source: Personal Experience

Anonymous

Exactly the same thing happened to me - make sure you speak nicely to a member of customer service team, dont go in all guns blazing or expect a refund. Instead, explain the situation genuinely to them - once youve established a good rapport you should be able to get the payment waived. Oh, and dont forget to thank them!

I had a bill that was sent in on time but because of weather related problems mail didn't go through normally. I called the company and they agreed to cancel the late fee because of my always paying on time but I was told I had to ask myself that they couldn't just do it on their own even through the discussion....

so yes call and ask for that adjustment.

Budget & Finance Paying BillsApril 11, 2018
🌻
🐛
📓
😎