Rent Assistance for a Low Income Family

Category Paying Bills
Depending on where you are located, there are programs available that can help pay the rent. This guide is about rent assistance for a low income family.

I need help paying my rent. I am a mother of 3. I lost my job and I need help to pay my rent before 10 days are up or I will be evicted. I have no money for Christmas, that's OK. I just need help to keep a roof over their heads. Please tell me where I can find help for my family.

By Cheryl

Answers

Best Answer

Even if you'd move into subsidized housing you would still need rent and deposit. I think your best bet would be churches, even if they will only help a little it might be enough to keep you from being homeless. Sign up for cash assistance at your local welfare until you can get back on your feet.

Best Answer

You can go to a local church or try the county outreach program, where you sign up for food stamps. They may be able to send you in the right direction. To get help with housing since there are so many on the housing list waiting and government seems to ignore that fact.

You will be better off getting homeless and going to a shelter for women and children. Ky will pay for housing for a whole year if you go into a shelter. Otherwise there is no help for you. Good Luck, hope the community services can help.

I am on SSI and getting 600.00. I live in a mobile home and I have lot rent to pay. My lot rent is 500.00. Are there any agencies in Glendale Arizona that can help me with the rent or my light bill which is 130.00 a month. I don't know what to do about my bills. Thank you.

Answers

Can you get a part-time job? How about a roommate to help share costs?

HUD section 8 voucher program {try glendale housing athority}or ask at SSA{{{hud could be an apartment at 30% of your income}BUT not sure if it allows trailers in AZ....They can steer you to energy assistance too.

I believe APS has a program that will help with the electric bill. I would try to get some help from them.

Maybe you could talk to the manager at the MHP & explain the situation. Possibly volunteer to help at the park in exchange for a reduced lot rent? Sorry you are dealing with this & Hope you find a solution soon.

Time to call your town hall to see if they have any programs that you could use. If you're a Senior there's a program called LIHEAP (in Illinois)that gives you a monthly amount to pay your electric & heating gas bills. Again, start with the Senior Services Dept. in your town. Have you applied for Public Aid? Good luck.

I am disabled and get SSI every month. Yesterday I got a 5 day eviction notice from the manager in the park where I live. I live in Wisconsin (Schofield) and I have to pay lot rent; I owe $433.00. I cannot be evicted as I'll be homeless.

Is there a place in my city that does help with rent? I have now 4 days left to give my landlord (the manager of the park) the lot rent. I need help and am very desperate for help.

Answers

I would call the local radio or news station. News reporters like the human interest stories and can get you help

If you find someone to help with your lot rent this month, what will happen next month?

• Are you saying you have your own mobile home and you are paying for lot rent?
  • Have you been having trouble paying this rent before or have you had extenuating circumstance that has caused you to be low on money?
  • Ad

• Do you need the full amount or will you just be asking for part of the money?
  • I am asking these questions because these are the type of questions you will be asked if you go to any organization that does assist with rent payments.
  • Usually, assistance is on a most needed and first come basis and any family with children will usually be at the top of the list.
  • This type of assistance may only be for one month a year but some do offer further help.
  • If you are having trouble every month, they may tell you that it may be more beneficial for you to apply for low-income housing.
  • You can check these agencies in your area as there are several that offer assistance with rent payments.
  • http://www.need  _assistance.html

My husband and I need help. My husband is self employed and his business isn't doing very well. So because of this we are extremely late with this month's rent and don't know what to do or how to come up with it.

We have two children, 12 and 11. We don't want to get evicted. Where can we find help?

Answers

One obvious thing to do is to look at local churches and other do-good organizations. Just by going to their website you should get an idea on whether they offer anything. Also you can put an ad on craigslist community and see if anything comes up. YOu could also do a gofundme.com campaign and blow it up on social media.

ALso, this 3-year old article discusses an organization http://www.thep  om/modest-needs/ - though in today's world where things move so quickly, they might not be active anymore.

Also http://finance.  d-heat-and-more/

and http://www.mone  elp-paying-rent/

Contact the landlord at once. Even if you pay a little, you may be able to stay. Also contact your local welfare agency. You may be eligible for food stamps, which would free up some money for the rent.

Does anyone know where I can get rental assistance in northern New Jersey? I live in Kearny, New Jersey. I have tried many places, but no one seems to want to help.

By Lynda

Answers

Have you checked with the Department of Social Services/Welfare Office? All states/cities have an assistance program, that is funded by the Federal Government. I think is is called Section 8, and it has slightly different names all over. Usually there is a waiting list that is quit long to get onto the program. Where I live, in a city of about 150,000 people there is roughly a five year waiting list to get the assistance.