Finding Rent Assistance for Low Income Family

I need help paying my rent. I am a mother of 3. I lost my job and I need help to pay my rent before 10 days are up or I will be evicted. I have no money for Christmas, that's OK. I just need help to keep a roof over their heads. Please tell me where I can find help for my family.

By Cheryl

Best Answer

Even if you'd move into subsidized housing you would still need rent and deposit. I think your best bet would be churches, even if they will only help a little it might be enough to keep you from being homeless. Sign up for cash assistance at your local welfare until you can get back on your feet.

Best Answer

You can go to a local church or try the county outreach program, where you sign up for food stamps. They may be able to send you in the right direction. To get help with housing since there are so many on the housing list waiting and government seems to ignore that fact. You will be better off getting homeless and going to a shelter for women and children. Ky will pay for housing for a whole year if you go into a shelter. Otherwise there is no help for you. Good Luck, hope the community services can help.

Anonymous

You need to contact your county social services department. In my county there is a program called "general relief".

Then go to Salvation Army, St. Vincent DePaul and other agencies.

Maybe try Catholic Charities?

Salvation Army, Social Services, Churches, Crisis Ministries in your area. If your landlord is willing you can apply for housing assistance. Good Luck

Try social services, ask your lanlord i'm sure they will help you find some housing assistance or who to contact, they know you have kids and chances are if they have a heart they will think of their welfare and lead you in the right direction.