Avocado Chocolate Mousse (Vegan)
One of the best ways to see if your vegan dessert is successful is to give it to someone who is not vegan, don't tell them it's vegan, and see how they like it. This vegan chocolate mousse got rave reviews from everyone I've given it to. When they realize the star ingredient is avocado, they can't believe it. The healthy vitamin-packed avocado is so well hidden in here, you will fool everyone into thinking this is a very naughty dessert. You can always use non vegan chocolate chips and regular milk in this recipe and make a fabulously delicious avocado chocolate mousse.
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup almond or cashew milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- tsp sugar (optional)
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments until melted and silky.
- Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Use less milk for a thick mousse, or more for a thinner result.
- Pour into a bowl and whisk to make it fluffy. Taste, then add some sugar if necessary (it all depends on the chocolate chips you use).
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!