Avocado Fries with Cilantro Lemon Dipping Sauce
Source: Found this recipe online.
- 2 avocadoes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- oil for frying
- 5 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice from half of lemon
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, lemon pepper, salt and cumin. Set it aside.
- Cut the avocados in half and then slice them vertically into 4 inch by 1 inch wedges. Set them aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil to 335 degrees F. in a large frying pan, adding enough oil so that the oil is about 3 to four inches deep.
- Dredge the avocado slices in the breadcrumb mixture, then in the egg mixture, then in the breadcrumb mixture again.
- Place them in the hot oil and fry them for about 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove them with a slotted spoon or tongs, and set them on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the excess oil. Allow them to dry for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a serving tray and serve them immediately with the Cilantro Lemon Dipping Sauce.
- For the Cilantro Lemon Dipping Sauce: Place the mayonnaise, cilantro, and lemon juice in a blender and mix until smooth and creamy in texture.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!