Baby Jesus in Manger Fingerprint Craft
This cute Christmas craft is a great creative activity for little kids. This is a page about baby Jesus in manger fingerprint craft
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
When we think about Christmas, we also think about Jesus. This craft is perfect for kids who are learning about baby Jesus. It can be used in Sunday school, Bible study, or simply at home. They will only need a few supplies to create this babe in a manager, which will definitely become a family keepsake.
Total Time: 10-15 minutes and overnight to dry
- brown paint (stable and manger)
- yellow paint (hay and star)
- purple or blue paint (blanket)
- tan skin colored paint (face)
- white card stock, ½ a sheet to a whole sheet, depending on how large the stable is going to be
- brown and red sharpies
- Have your child dip their index finger in brown paint and make the stable. It is easiest to create the square first, without the bottom. Then add the roof in a triangular shape. For younger kids, you could draw the stable first and have them go around with their prints. You could also show an example to go by, if older kids are unsure. Make sure they leave the bottom part of the square blank for the next step.
- Wash their finger off and have them dip it in yellow paint to make straw on the floor. Then draw a yellow star on top. My star is more of a blob, because it was difficult to make the shape with my finger. Your child could practice on a separate sheet of paper or use a paint brush or yellow marker instead.
- Use brown paint to create the manger, with two prints for the legs and six or seven for the box part. Dip the index finger in yellow to add hay in the manger. Use tan paint or a mixture of brown and tan to make a face for baby Jesus. Take purple or blue and make three fingerprints for the baby's body/blanket. After it dries, your child can use the markers to add eyes and a mouth to the face.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.