EmploymentTeen

Babysitting Activities for a 2 Year Old

I am babysitting a 2 year old boy for the first time, I have never met him nor the mother. I am stumped on activites and fun things he will enjoy doing. Do any of you have some ideas? Also, what are some tips to stop a 2 year old from crying/having a tantrum? I am 13 years old. Thanks!

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Anonymous

Good question I am 13 myself and when you are babysitting little ones you need to make shure you have met the parent's it is important.becuase say the kid got sick or has aleggicts you need to have all the information including emergency contacts. and before you say ''she is only 13 what could she know''. I went to a babysitting program 4-H camp only for the day it really helped. and when the baby is upseat you might want to check his/her diaper and if they are having a tantrum put them to time out but ask the parents first. I hope I answed your question if I didn't sorry

Anonymous

I'm 13 too and I think you could, play hide and seek, read books, play blocks, listen to kid music, playing ball or a puppet show

Books, building blocks, water colors, coloring books and crayons, story time (keep it short) are all good activities. Don't give in to tv or electronics all day.

When tantrums happen as they always do, see if it's nap time, is he hungry, bored, or just wants his way. If it's the latter, put him in a corner and tell him that's his crying place and he can cry all he wants, but only there. Walk away, but keep an eye on him. Every time he leaves his place, put him back. Once he's been calm for a few minutes, give him a hug and brag about what a big boy he is. Hope this helps. Ask the parents first if they agree with this advice.