Baked Eggs in Avocado or Potato Halves
I baked these two healthy and hearty types of breakfasts for guests on Thanksgiving morning to hold us over until a later dinner. Avocados, eggs and/or potatoes are a great healthy choice! Looked fancy and tasted really delish too! The recipe describes for one serving. You decide how many avocados or potato halves you need for your guests.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 avocado per person
- 1 medium sized egg
- 1 potato
- tsp olive oil
- pinch salt & pepper
- pinch (optional) cheese
- Cut avocado in half, and remove pit, scoop a little of the avocado meat out of the middle to make more room for a medium sized egg and paint inside with olive oil.
- Cut potato in half and scoop out a hole in the center as well and paint with olive oil.
- Carefully crack the medium sized egg and pour it into the center of the avocado.
- I stirred up an egg in a bowl placed it in the potato cavity. Since I actually had the small amount of remaining avocado and potato inners that I had scraped out of the centers, I added it to the remaining egg mixture then oiled and added what remained into the empty cupcake cup tins too. So there was a third alternative.
- Bake in a 400F oven for 20 minutes, checking it regularly if you like your eggs less well done. I garnished mine with a little bit of chives, salt and pepper.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!