Baking Pan Conversion

Category Baking
Sometimes when following a baking recipe you may need to use a different size pan or alter the size of one you have. This is a guide about baking pan conversion.

A cake recipe I am interested in making requires two 9-inch baking pans. I would like to convert that to a 13x9 inch baking pan or a 10-inch tube pan. Does anyone know if the temperature changes or how long the bake time would be? Thanks for your help.

"Mike"

Answers

You would leave your oven temperature the same, but add 5 minutes to the cooking time.

Hope this works well for you.

Use standard touch or poke with skewer to me sure the cake is done. The 9 x 13 may get done faster than the bundt pan.

According to the directions on the back of Duncan Hines cake mix, 2-9inch pans require 30-33 min. 13-9, 35-38 min. and a bundt pan is 45-50 min.

I'm baking a sheet cake for my sister's birthday and I don't have a 13x9 inch pan. I do have a 9x9x2 inch pan. If I use the 9x9 inch pan, how long do I have to cook it for? The usual time for the 13x9 inch is 22 minutes. Help! A fast reply would be appreciated as I am rapidly running out of time.

By Saumensch from Zim

Answers

You can buy cake mixes for smaller pans, I'm sure you can also find recipes for smaller cakes.