Plant HealthGardening

Bamboo Canes Shriveling

Category Plant Health

I have a dozen or so Bamboo plants, all are thriving except my P. Nigra. It was very pot bound when I purchased it 9 months ago, but is in a 1m tub and has grown well with many new canes. Three of the established canes have what look like white pustules at the branch tips and the leaves are dry and withered. 80% of the plant appears unaffected.

I have looked on many sites to try and determine what this could be and what to do to stop the condition possibly infecting the entire plant which is over 2 m tall. I am tempted to simply remove the affected parts and hope for the best. Any info would be gratefully received.

By John from Norfolk, United Kingdom