Bamboo Decorative Box

Everyone uses boxes to store items such as pens, pencils, scissors, or other small items. Certain types of boxes make a great plant decoration if you add a small plate at the bottom of the box before adding your plant. In Tahiti, I use a lot of pieces of bamboo when I decorate my home and yard. I just love the natural color of the bamboo and the way it looks. This is a cute little box that can be used for many different things around your home. Plus, you can use any medium you like to decorate the box.

Total Time: 4 to 5 hours

Yield: 1 Box

1. There is no need to clean your CDs for this project. Take a ruler and measure up 1 inch from the bottom of the CD and draw a straight line across the CD.
  2. Cut the 4 CDs first and set them aside.
  3. Take your piece of cardboard and measure a 4 ½ inch by 4 ½ square and cut 2 pieces.
  4. Advertisement

5. Use your hot glue gun to glue the two pieces together.
  6. Take your bamboo and cover the front and the back of the square. Use your scissors to trim off the excess bamboo around the edges.
  7. Use your hot glue gun to glue the jute around the outside of the base. Depending on the thickness of the jute you will need to go around the base 4 to 5 times. Set this aside.
  8. Now cover the front and the back of all 4 CDs with bamboo. Use the hot glue gun to glue the pieces of bamboo in place.
  9. Advertisement

10. Around the outside edge of the CD add your green raffia. I wrapped it around 3 times to cover all the areas.
  11. Assemble the box. Use the hot glue gun and apply a thick layer of glue to the jute on the base. Glue the first panel on the base. Continue on like this until you have glued all 4 panels to the base of the box. On the corners of the box apply a little hot glue and glue the 4 CDs to each other to form your box. The box is now done and ready to be used around your home.

Your eco friendly crafts always make me so happy!

Thank you so much. There aren't a lot of craft supplies on the island so in order to create something unique, I learned to use eco-friendly items.

Crafts Home Decor DecorationsFebruary 2, 2020
🍀
🐰
🌻

Generated 2020-02-18 09:36:03 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

DecorationsHome Decor