Banana Bread Bars
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 254 Posts
July 22, 2013
Read More Comments
These delicious banana bread bars are from a recipe a Vietnamese friend of mine passed on to me. They are dense and creamy and best served chilled.
- 4 bananas
- 6 pieces of white bread
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6.5 fl oz coconut milk (1/2 can)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees F.
- Mash the bananas. Tear the bread into smaller pieces. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl.
- In a large bowl mix together the mashed bananas, flour, eggs, sugar, softened butter, milk, coconut milk and vanilla together. Then, gently fold in the bread pieces.
- Pour the batter into a pie pan or a round cake pan. Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Cool before serving. I prefer this chilled, so I put it in the fridge for a few hours or overnight before serving.
These delicious banana bread bars are from a recipe a Vietnamese friend of mine passed on to me.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.