Banana Walnut Spread
This is an easy to make banana walnut spread that will up your plain toast to make it taste like warm and comforting banana bread. You can lessen or add powdered sugar to your taste. The banana's ripeness also plays a role in how sweet it is. No baking required!
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Place walnuts in a food processor and pulse until ground.
- Peel and break up the banana, add to walnuts. Puree until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and sift in powdered sugar, stirring, so there are no lumps.
- Stir in cinnamon. It's ready to serve on toast. It's also nice on muffins, and layered between pancakes. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!