Basic Kale Burger
I have been trying to cut down on meat and find recipes for my kale crop. This one is tasty, and it can be customized with onions, carrots and other spices.
If you do not serve immediately, you can store the patties in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 days or freeze for a few months.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 burgers
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 can white beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Remove kale from stems and chop up.
- Heat oil. Sauté garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and kale for 7 minutes.
- Mash beans with fork or potato masher until smooth.
- Add cooked kale and oats to mashed beans and stir until mixture holds together. Form into 4 patties.
- Mist baking sheet with cooking spray. Bake for 30 minutes. Be careful flipping midway through.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!