Crispy Eggplant 'Bacon'
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
March 18, 2017
I've tried to make fake bacon out of so many products and eggplant seems to mimic the texture of bacon the best. Here is how to make your own eggplant "bacon" at home!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 12 slices
- 1/2 medium eggplant
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Peel eggplant.
- Using a knife or mandolin, slice eggplant into thin strips that resemble the size of bacon.
- In a bowl, mix together all remaining ingredients.
- Use a spoon to saturate both sides of the eggplant slices with your sauce, or drop in the bowl like I did here.
- Place in a single layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with more black pepper.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until eggplant is a deep red color and is a bit crispy. These are so delicious in sandwiches! Enjoy!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.