Woven Bacon Shell Breakfast Taco
Weave some bacon together to make a crispy breakfast taco shell. This is a guide about making a woven bacon shell breakfast taco
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This low carb breakfast taco isn't only super delicious, it looks super cool! Weave the bacon, pop it in the oven, and fill with your favourite breakfast foods. This will be a hit for your family and friends.
You can do the weaving straight on your baking sheet. I used a coloured silicone mat so you could see what I was doing more clearly and not get a reflection off the baking sheet's shine.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 huge taco to share
- 10 pieces raw bacon
- 1 raw egg
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- some chopped jalapeno
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Lay 5 strips of bacon across a baking sheet, making sure they are flush up against each other. The fatty sides should all face one direction and meaty sides should all face the other direction.
- Fold every other strip in half onto itself. Lay one strip of bacon perpendicular to those strips, flush up against the back of the folds.
- Unfold those flipped strips back over the perpendicular strip of bacon.
- Now fold every other strip in the alternating columns. Lay one strip of bacon perpendicular to those strips, flush up against the back of the folds. Unfold those strips back down over the perpendicular strip of bacon.
- Repeat again with the first set of strips. Do the same thing on the upper half of the weave. There should be the same number of strips going down as there are going across.
- Trim the edges of the woven bacon a bit to resemble a circle. Pop in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- When it's mostly cooked and holding its shape, remove from oven. Take two tin cans and lay metal tongs or a metal knife across the two to make a bridge.
- Lay the bacon disc over the bridge. Pop back in the oven for 10 minutes or so, until crisped.
- To make your quick scrambled eggs, crack your egg into a mug and whisk with a fork. Microwave on high for 45 seconds.
- Fill bacon shell with cheese, then egg, the more cheese.
- Sprinkle with jalapeno.
August 4, 20170 found this helpful
What a tasty breakfast to have!!
August 6, 20170 found this helpful
It's such a treat! This one was more than enough for two people. :)