Cheddar Cheese Taco Shells
May 23, 2017
Read More Comments
You won't need regular tortilla shells for these super low carb tacos. These shells are made of one ingredient: cheddar cheese. Fried until they are crispy then hung upside down to form a taco shell shape, they are the perfect treat for anyone on a low carb diet... or just loves cheese!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 tacos
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup jalapenos
- 1 wooden spoon
- 2 mugs, cups or jars
- Place your wooden spoon over two mugs cups or jars to create a bridge.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Divide the cheese into four and sprinkle one serving in an even circular layer on the pan.
- The cheese will begin to crisp in about a minute. Flip over and cook for a few more seconds.
- Once it looks browned and firm, carefully lift it off with a spatula and place it over the horizontal wooden spoon to form a taco shell. It will harden into place. Continue to make the rest of the shells.
- In the same pan, cook the ground beef for about 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add onion and taco seasoning and cook meat until browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Place the beef in the cheese shells. Add the rest of your toppings. Serve.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a low-carb version of tacos where the shells are made of chicken and cheese and the fillings are pure veggies. You don't need tortillas. It's a fun twist that is super delicious!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.