Cheesy Chicken Shelled Tacos

This is a low-carb version of tacos where the shells are made of chicken and cheese and the fillings are pure veggies. You don't need tortillas. It's a fun twist that is super delicious!

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 15 minutes

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 4 tacos

1. Preheat oven to 450 F. Place drained chicken into a food processor and pulse until well ground.
  2. Transfer chicken to a bowl and mix in eggs and cheese.
  3. Stir in the taco seasoning.
  4. Grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper. Drop mounds of batter on sheet, then flatten into discs.
  5. Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until set. Use a thin spatula to help peel the shells off the sheet.
  6. To make the crema, mix mayonnaise, lime juice and minced garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  7. Fill the shells with your veggies, then drizzle with crema. Even though the shells are cheesy, you can add shredded cheese on top if you are a crazy cheddar fan like me!

Attosa,

Wowie Kazowi, this looks so scrumptious, I'm going to "have to" make them soon, or I won't be right, haha That's what I say when I can't get something out of my mind in a food that has stuck my minds tastebuds.:)

I'm a taco nut, which I love them for all the yummies on them, but this is something I can love for what's completely on and "in them" (the taco shells) too.

Thank you so much for this one!

I would not be fibbing if I told you I thought of you while I made these! Hey, taco loving sister! :D Glad you will try these! x

You are so precious Attosa!

My next shop of course will be getting the goodies to make your mouth watering taco and shells here :) I can't wait!

Yes, I'm so into taco's, well, I just love them for all the wonderful yum yum's that are placed on top and (seriously) I eat them 2 to 3X a week for lunch, because they're so healthy and I'm hooked (for real) on the flavors.

What's really "interesting" or odd, not sure which, haha but, I can't go a whole week without them, so one day I looked it up (the toppings) like cilantro, hot sauce, etc. . . . and just all the goodies that are put on them, and I learned that the combination of "those foods" the "combo of the veggies" actually cause the body to release endorphins, isn't that "something"? So that's when I learned "why" I am soooo addicted to them, it's because when endorphins are released in the body, we feel good. Like eating chocolate too, dark chocolate, it causes that endorphin release in the body too, which is why people (some may not know why) they love it so much, but...it is their body making them feel good.

So now to have the "healthy taco shells", this is like I hit the Jack Pot! :)

Thank you very very much Attosa :)

Whoa! I did not know that about the taco endorphins! That is super cool and explains a whole lot with the whole fascination and addiction with tacos across the planet. Taco Tuesdays just is not enough. I love it a few times a week, too. ;) This version is easy for me to digest, I find! x