Bathroom Cleaning Tips

I tried cleaning the bathroom with Turtle wax. The sink came out pretty shiny. Next I am going to do the tiles with it.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

More Solutions

Instead of using a cake of soap in the shower or bath, use liquid soap. Liquid soap is easier to handle and does not leave a thick film of soap scum on bath or shower tiles or glass.

I just discovered my bottle of toilet cleaning liquid cleans a lot more than the toilet. I used it on a badly stained bathtub that just would not come clean. I poured the liquid in the tub, used a household broom to "scrub" it in and let it sit overnight.

Prevent having to clean soapy scum from the soap dish or at the sink by placing a thin sponge in the dish or sink indention to lay the soap on. The sponge catches the scum, leaving underneath relatively clean.

Since the only females in our household are me and the cat (and she drinks from the toilet, go figure), I find myself needing to spruce up the bathrooms quite regularly.

If you are using bar soap in your bathroom and hate the goo that accumulates in the soap dish, put a small sponge under the soap.

Toilet scrubbers are useful to clean far more than just toilets. Their bristles do well for scrubbing a tub or sink, especially when combined with a gritty cleanser like Comet.

When cleaning bathrooms, I spray cleansers. Let it set for 15 minutes then come back and scrub.

Here's a way to keep your bathroom(s) clean. Put a bathroom cleaning kit in the corner of each bathroom. Start with a small bucket or a cut-off plastic jug (laundry detergent jugs are excellent for this).

After many years of using old toothbrushes and anything else I could think of to clean the hard to get at spots in the bathroom, I stumbled across an easy solution.

Toilet scrubbers are useful to clean far more than just toilets. Their bristles do well for scrubbing a tub or sink, especially when combined with a gritty cleanser like Comet. They do a nice job on mildew in grout crevices.

A good way to keep your tub or shower clean is to wipe it down after you use it. You can do it with the towel you use to dry yourself. You tub will require cleaning much less frequently.

19 Questions

Tips to help keep the bathroom clean. Post your ideas.

Answers

After brushing your teeth in the bathroom sink, instead of just rinsing out the sink, take a sponge that you keep on the edge of the sink and scrub out the sink. If you do this once a day your sink will never be dirty!

By Ellen

Hang an old washcloth on a hook in the cupboard under your bathroom sinks. Use it to wipe up spills and the water that splashes onto your counters.

By Lee

It's not fun but has to be done. Tips for cleaning the bathroom. Post your ideas.

What is the easiest and quickest way to clean two bathrooms? I have two full bathrooms and a six month old little boy. He is in to everything so I can't leave him to do it and I was told not to let babies get around the smell or cleaners because it is bad for them. I could probably do it in the time that he is sleeping but he only takes 15 minute naps now so it has to be very fast! What takes the dirt out of a tub the best? I can't find anything that works good. Thank you! eescott182002 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Erricka, North Carolina

Answers

By wolnut (Guest Post)

have you heard of Enjo products? I use them with my two small children helping all round the house, they use special cloths and only cold water. So there is no need to purchase expensive chemicals that can harm our children and the enviroment.
http://www.enjo.com.au

By Connie (Guest Post)

Vinegar is a very good cleaner and disinfectant. The smell disapates quickly. Also, I really like using Dow Scrubbing Bubbles on everything.

By (Guest Post)

I would restrain your child so you can have 15 minutes to clean knowing he is safe. They probably have whoopy doo modern name for them now but mothers a few years ago used to deposit their toddlers in a play pen - a small square/oblong enclosure with narrow bars, (too narrow to poke little heads through), or netting walls about 2 foot high. Place the baby on a soft blanket with a few bright toys to distract/entertain and allow yourself some quality cleaning time! lol! The play pen can be placed in the same room as you are working, or outside the room door, so he is not isolated and you can still see him without him getting underfoot and into everything.

Regards

Jo

By Kathy (Guest Post)

There is a product called 505 at Home Depot. It is a spray and is purple. Spray it on and let it be for 10-15 minutes. You can practically rinse everything right off!!!

By (Guest Post)

I have been using the Mr. Clean Eraser sponges on my tub and shower floors. It is like a baking soda sponge that gently rubs off dirt. No chemicals at all!

Do you clean your bathroom with a sponge or papertowels?

By Onesummer

Answer this Question

There are many reasons that a person may have trouble kneeling down and leaning into a bathtub for cleaning. There are some clever ways to clean a tub or shower without straining your back.

cleaning tub without hurting back

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I had foot surgery a couple weeks ago, and I am in a non-weight bearing cast. I still want to do some house cleaning and the bathroom was giving me a hard time.

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomNovember 6, 2012
🌻
🍀
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Bathroom-Cleaning-Tips.html