Beaded Bracelet Using Old Brass Zipper
Vote for this contender! (3 votes)
Bronze Post Medal for 2021. 31 Posts
If you have an old brass zipper, then don't throw it away. You can use it to craft this bracelet. It is not difficult to make. This bracelet looks very original.
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- black brass zipper
- clasp hook and circle
- 4-6 black crystals with diameter 1 cm
- 5 black crystals with diameter 1.2 cm
- 2 transparent crystals with diameter 1 cm
- 2 transparent crystals with diameter 1.2 cm
- strong black thread
- candle and lighter
- Trim the fabric from the zipper, as close as you can. Remove stops. Seal the fabric seams over a candle. Be careful! The zipper will be hot.
- Cut a long thread, fold in half and tie to the clasp hook, then tie around the first zipper tooth.
- String one black crystal with diameter 1 cm (bc1). Wrap the zipper around the side of the crystal and tie two knots around the zipper.
- Continue stringing crystals, wrapping the zipper on the side and tying the zipper: one or two bc1 (depending on how long you need the bracelet), two black crystals with diameter 1.2 cm (bc1.2), one transparent crystals with diameter 1 cm (tc1).
Bend the zipper and tie it. Cut off the excess end of the zipper.
String crystals (without the zipper): one transparent crystals with diameter 1.2 cm (tc1.2), one bc1.2, one tc1.2.
Tie a zipper from the other half, bend and tie. Continue stringing crystals, wrap the zipper on one side and tie the zipper, repeating the pattern of the first half of the bracelet, but in a mirror image.
- Tie the circle. Thread the ends of the thread through the nearest crystal and cut off any excess.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.