Using Tomato Ketchup as Brass Polish

Category Metal
Ketchup can be used effectively to clean your brass items. This is a guide about using tomato ketchup as brass polish.

Use hot sauce or ketchup to clean brass! Works wonders!

By Des from Canaan, ME

Top Comment

Tomato sauce or tomato paste will clean copper bottom pots and pans right up too. GG Vi

I have an old dresser that has brass knobs that have gotten very tarnished over the years. I tried Brasso, Bar Keepers Friend, etc. to no avail. I finally found the solution.

Ketchup! Yes, you read that right. Place the knobs in the a pan and cover with ketchup. Bring to a boil and boil for a few minutes. Then rinse and wipe. Voila!

Source: Chemistry!

By Michael the Moe from Forestville, MD

Use Ketchup To Polish Brass

Try Brassmate. It's a liquid that requires no polishing. I would be willing to bet the knobs are lacquer coated. (04/27/2009)

By Marcus