Silver Answer Medal for All Time! 440 Answers
September 15, 2021
If you like unusual jewelry, then this project is for you. You can easily make original earrings from an old bronze zipper. One zipper is enough to make several pairs of earrings.
Total Time: 15 Minutes
- black brass zipper (2.6 inch piece)
- wire 0.8 mm diameter, I used copper wire from an old transformer
- 2 jump rings
- 2 earring fish hooks
- candle and matches
- pliers and wire cutters
- Cut two zipper pieces, each 1.25 inches long (without stops). The number of teeth should be the same for the two pieces. Trim the fabric from the zipper, as close as you can.
- Seal the fabric seams over a candle. Use pliers, because the zipper will be hot.
- Bend the zippers, connect the edges with pieces of wire.
- Add the jump rings to wires. Attach the earrings to the fish hooks.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.