Becoming an Avon Representative

Category Business
Avon has been selling their makeup and beauty products for decades through company representatives. In years gone by the rep would come through the neighborhood selling directly to customers. This is a guide about becoming an Avon representative.

Has anyone had experience as an Avon rep? What is the downside of it all? I have not been able to find reliable advice from the Net, so I had to ask my ThriftyFun network. How much money can it realistically generate, what time involvement, what upfront costs? Thanks!

Kim from Moses Lake, WA

Answers

I have a friend who sells...
IF you can build up a good customer base- 200 or so people that will buy from you each year and if you can get about 50 people to order from you each month- you will do wonderfully!! There is relatively little start up cost and if you love the product you will save quite a bit with the discounts and special ordering options etc. This is about all I know- I "sell" Tupperware to get out of the house and buy the best for my kitchen- but it is not a moneymaker. I think given the right customer base Avon would be a much better choice as it is typically consumable and fairly inexpensive to begin with. I would try it out if I were you! What could it hurt? From what I can tell there is no penalty if you don't sell, so enjoy the discount.

I have been an avon rep for 6 years now and I enjoy the chance to be a stay at home mom of 2. The earnings for new reps are 50% on your first 4 campaigns(every 2 weeks ) there after are based on your sales... If i can be of more help please let me know (I can even get you started )e-mail me if you have any more questions myburban2 AT yahoo.com

Thanks, so far everything I hear is positive, except from people who categorically oppose any job involving selling. Avon's stuff is very nice product, they were the first major company to stop all animal testing even in ingredients purchased by them. They even lend you credit to get you started with product and as you noted the first four campaigns the rep's share is half, great! I'm moving toward just plunging in.

I could post everything I love about being an Avon Sales Rep but then I would be writing a book. The 3 best things about Avon to me are:
1. Working my own hours. I am a busy mom running the kids all over and errands. I get to spend more time with my family and never have to call the boss for time off.
2. Making new friends. I have met so many wonderful new friends since I've been selling and recruiting.
3. Income and Success. I never thought I could earn the money that I am earning selling and recruiting for Avon. I even won a great cruise to the Bahama's!
Check out my picture and all of the great reasons to become an Avon sales rep at www.tallmadgeavon.com or Email me for more information I am an Advanced Unit Leader with reps in all over the US

georgjeana