Beef Barley Soup Recipes

Category Soups
Hearty and delicious, beef barley soup is perfect meal to feed a hungry family. This page contains beef barley soup recipes.

I made this for dinner the other night and my husband requested I put it into the family favorites rotation. He claims not to like soup.

Brown meat in hot oil in dutch oven in two batches, drain fat. Add water, onion, celery, potatoes, barley, garlic, bouillon, basil, bay leaves, and pepper.

Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 hour.

Stir in frozen veggies and tomatoes. Return to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.

Serve alone or with a nice crusty bread.

*I like thick soups so I added extra veggies

Servings: 8
Time:15 Minutes Preparation Time
1 1/2 Hours Cooking Time

Source: I started with the Better Homes and Gardens recipe and tweaked it quite a bit.

By Stephanie from Hillsboro, OR

This page contains beef barley and vegetable soup recipes. A hearty, nutritious soup can be made with a variety of vegetables, beef and, of course, barley.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes