Add to GuideAsk a Question

Being the Executor of a Will

Category Wills
It is a challenge to be the person who is responsible to carry out the terms of a will. This is a guide about being the executor of a will.


Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.

By 0 found this helpful
December 10, 2015

My aunt had a law firm set up her estate and living will. She left a trusted friend with power of attorney and as executor to her estate. 3 months later I read the will and the lawyers had left themselves in the will as the POA and executor. Red flag! What should I do?


December 10, 20150 found this helpful

Immediately consult with an attorney who specializes in wills, estates, POA and elder care issues. Consider your options with guidance from your attorney.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
Answer this Question...

November 20, 20140 found this helpful

My dad just passed. I am executor of a simple will dividing everything (only money) between 5 siblings. $75,000 will be disbursed equally from his annuity by that company. The remaining $25,000 is in a cash bank account. I have signing power on those accounts. Can I just put that money in my account and write a check to my siblings?


By Milla


August 12, 20150 found this helpful

I'd check with the attorney who is settling the will.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
Answer this Question...
Related Content
Business and Legal Legal WillsAugust 10, 2015
Summer Ideas!
Pest Control
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2018 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Published by ThriftyFun.

Generated 2018/07/07 23:39:00 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️
Loading Something Awesome!