Being the Executor of a Will

Category Wills
It is a challenge to be the person who is responsible to carry out the terms of a will. This is a guide about being the executor of a will.

My aunt had a law firm set up her estate and living will. She left a trusted friend with power of attorney and as executor to her estate. 3 months later I read the will and the lawyers had left themselves in the will as the POA and executor. Red flag! What should I do?

Answers

Immediately consult with an attorney who specializes in wills, estates, POA and elder care issues. Consider your options with guidance from your attorney.

My dad just passed. I am executor of a simple will dividing everything (only money) between 5 siblings. $75,000 will be disbursed equally from his annuity by that company. The remaining $25,000 is in a cash bank account. I have signing power on those accounts. Can I just put that money in my account and write a check to my siblings?

By Milla

Answers

I'd check with the attorney who is settling the will.