Black Bean Veggie Burgers

Vote for this contest contender!

A while back my family decided to eat a less meat and more beans for health reasons. I realized that the veggie burgers in the freezer section were too expensive for something I could probably learn to make at home, so I did a little research and came across this awesome recipe online! I toned down the spice so that the veggies and garlic could come through as well. Feel free to tweak the spices or add hot sauce to taste.

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 25 minutes

Total Time: 40 minutes

Yield: 16

Source: www.wholefully.com

Link: Veggie Burgers

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and chop the veggies.
  2. Mash 4 cups black beans to a fine paste, reserving 2 cups for texture.
  3. Mix in with veggies, spices, and garlic.
  4. Mix in the eggs and breadcrumbs, adding breadcrumbs 1/4 cup at a time, until the mixture can be easily formed into patties.
  5. Form patties and place on a nonstick baking sheet. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the burgers begin to brown, feel firm, and crack a little on top.
  6. To freeze, let the burgers cool completely. Freeze flat on the baking sheet until solid (about 3 hours). Transfer to a freezer bag and store for up to 3 months.
  7. Ad

8. To cook, thaw and place the patties on a stovetop pan on medium heat to brown the top. Flip halfway through cooking. Alternatively, thaw and cook in the microwave until warmed through.