Black Bean Veggie Burger Recipe

Beans make a perfect based to create these healthy and mouth watering veggie burgers. This page contains black bean veggie burger recipe.

A while back my family decided to eat a less meat and more beans for health reasons. I realized that the veggie burgers in the freezer section were too expensive for something I could probably learn to make at home, so I did a little research and came across this awesome recipe online! I toned down the spice so that the veggies and garlic could come through as well. Feel free to tweak the spices or add hot sauce to taste.

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 25 minutes

Total Time: 40 minutes

Yield: 16

Source: www.wholefully.com

Link: Veggie Burgers

• 6 cups cooked black beans, drained and rinsed (A 1 lb package makes about 8 cups)
  • 2 bell peppers, finely chopped
  • 1 large onion, minced
  • 6 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tsp strong chili powder or 3 tsp mild
  • 1 3/4 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 4 eggs
  • 4 cups Panko bread crumbs

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and chop the veggies.
  2. Mash 4 cups black beans to a fine paste, reserving 2 cups for texture.
  3. Mix in with veggies, spices, and garlic.
  4. Mix in the eggs and breadcrumbs, adding breadcrumbs 1/4 cup at a time, until the mixture can be easily formed into patties.
  5. Form patties and place on a nonstick baking sheet. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the burgers begin to brown, feel firm, and crack a little on top.
  6. To freeze, let the burgers cool completely. Freeze flat on the baking sheet until solid (about 3 hours). Transfer to a freezer bag and store for up to 3 months.
  7. Ad

8. To cook, thaw and place the patties on a stovetop pan on medium heat to brown the top. Flip halfway through cooking. Alternatively, thaw and cook in the microwave until warmed through.

In an attempt to eat better, I have curtailed eating meat. I still have fish and some chicken, but don't do most of the stuff you might normally expect. I have been collecting recipes on meatless meals and came upon this one.