Clothing StainsCleaning

Blue Jeans Ran on White Jeans in the Wash

I washed my white denim jeans with my blue denim jeans and now my white jeans are a light blue. How do I get the blue dye out of the white jeans?

You could try soaking the jeans in 5 gallons of hot tap water to which you have added 2T each of hydrogen peroxide and powdered dishwasher detergent. Soak overnight and wash as usual.

Just remember - all so called "denim" jeans are not always 100% cotton and that can make a big difference in removing stains or transferred dye.
I have never tried Judy's solution and I never use chlorine bleach on clothing but I have used color-safe, non-chlorine bleach on whites, even whites that had mixed types of material. (Combine one part non-chlorine bleach with two parts water. Soak the garment in the liquid until the stain lifts or lessens.) Some people swear by Oxy-Clean but I haven't used that either so no comment on that.

It will help if you can use warm/hot water with your choice of products and let soak overnight.
Just be sure that whatever you use be sure they are white before putting them in the dryer (and never a hot dryer). Hanging them in the sunshine (after wash) will many times help remove transferred dye.
Here is a link to a site that has good suggestions for keeping your jeans white.

http://www.elle  ean-white-jeans/

Be happy with your light blue jeans !!