Bluebarb Jam

Since my name is Barb, I really like the name of this recipe. I really love the end product - a combination of blueberries and rhubarb. It is really delicious.

• 3 1/2 cups chopped rhubarb
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 1/4 cup chopped blueberries
  • 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1 box powdered pectin
  • 5 1/2 cups sugar

Directions:

Mix the rhubarb and water in a heavy dutch oven or other large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Add the blueberries, lemon, and pectin and mix well.

Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. When it has reached a hard boil (cannot be stirred down), add the sugar all at once. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Return to a hard boil, and boil for 1 minute.

Remove from heat. Ladle into sterilized 1/2 pint jars leaving 1/4 inch head space. Stir to remove bubbles. Wipe rim thoroughly. Put sterilized lid and ring on, turning until just barely tightened.

Place in canning kettle, and put lid on. When the water returns to a boil, process for 10 minutes.

Remove from kettle and set on clean kitchen towel. Don't disturb for 24 hours. Check for seal.

Source: "Small Batch Preserving" by Ellie Topp and Margaret Howard.

By Free2B from North Royalton, OH

Would really like to know how many jars this makes so I can have all supplies ready.

I got 3 pints and 4 half pints for the canner, and nearly 1/2 pint for the fridge.