Bobbin Case in Singer Machine Stuck?

So I was sewing and the thread got bunched up, the bobbin case or basket had moved. I don't know what to do, I'm super new to sewing and I'm not sure what I'm doing.

It looks like the basket has tuned just a bit and the whole machine is stuck. I tried to remove the basket, but it won't budge and I don't want to forced anything.

Best Answer

More than likely there is a very small bit of thread caught under or at the side of the case - take a strong torch (flashlight) and shine the light into the area - you're looking for a VERY tiny bit of 'fluff' waving at you. If you can see that, use a pair of tweezers to pluck the bit out.

If you don't find that bit of waving fluff, you need to take your machine to a repair tech - he/she will have the tools and knowledge to safely remove the bobbin case, clean and/or make any repairs/adjustments, and as a bonus may be willing to carefully explain what happened and how to prevent it happening again.

I teach Sewing 101 to complete sewing newcomers here in Scotland but lived in the US and taught there as well. I also do repair and refurbishment on student machines. Please, please, please believe me - if you cannot find the piece of fluff causing your problem, you MUST take your machine to a professional. Do not try anything more than the torch and tweezer fix I have suggested unless you're looking to kill your machine or incur higher repair costs when you do take it to a professional. Please:)

Best Answer

I agree with Frugal Sunnie. It is likely a piece of thread stuck in there. I don't suppose you have a friend who is an experienced sewer who could look at your machine for you? I guess not, or you would have asked her instead of asking for hints online!! If you did, I would have her check it out if you didn't find the thread yourself, before you take it in to get fixed.

And maybe think about taking a sewing class?

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesOctober 24, 2015
🎉
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Bobbin-Case-in-Singer-Machine-Stuck.html