Boiling Potatoes in the Skin for Potato Salad

When my mother made potato salad, she boiled the potatoes whole and then peeled them. Her potato salad was so good. When I want to make a batch of potato salad, I cook the potatoes in the skin, like she did.

1. Wash potatoes and place in a large cooking pot. Cover with water and put a lid on the pot. Bring the water to boiling.

2. Lower the heat to medium low. Keep covered and simmer for 20 minutes.

3. Turn off the stove eye and set your timer for 3 hours. Do not remove the lid.

4. Potatoes will finish cooking and will be just a little warm after 3 hours. The skins can be removed easily with your fingers or the edge of a knife.

5. Dice the potatoes and they are ready to combine with the other ingredients.

I am definitely going to try this. I can never make a decent potato salad and this could be a solution for me. Thank you.

That reminds me. It's been over a week since we had potato salad so time to make some more. I'm going to go put the potatoes on right now and make it tonight. Thanks for your comment!!