Broken Cactus Leaves or Pads?

My cactus fell and 3 leaves broke off. I'm so sad. Can the leaf regrow from the spot it broke off or could I grow the leaf? If I could, how do I do it.

Thanks. It's not mine, but my daughter's. She is on a holiday and I'm suppose to babysit it.

From Thriftyfun archives:
RE: Saving My Broken Cactus
I would really need to know how far up the cut was from the roots and how much was broken, like was there a 1/2 in cut in the side. If its almost in half best thing to do is cut the rest off, let the top half dry for about a month. Where the top half was cut will form like a big scab which is what we want. Then you can plant that again, leave the other part that was plant alone as it will furnish you with "pups" when they are of good size you can cut them and plant. Where ever you cut let it dry out before planting. (02/11/2008)

By Sally E. Greer

Thank you so much. I will let my daughter read this and follow your suggestions.

Says you may even be able to graft the broken cactus back together.

Reference: gardening.stackexchange.com/.../how-to-fix-a-broken-cactus

Thanks, I will ask my daughter to check it out.

i love cactus and no matter how gentle I am, I frequently break off a piece and have to decide what to do with it. Generally I just start a new plant either in a new pot or if there is room, in with the mother plant. The biggest problem I have is keeping appropriate cactus soil on hand as I have never had good luck with a homemade mixture (I'm sure others have).

ThriftyFun has some very good articles on "fixing" broken cactus and I have used these solutions many times.

Here are a couple of links that I think will help you and your daughter have a happy cactus again.

www.thriftyfun.com/Saving-a-Broken-Cactus.html

www.thriftyfun.com/Rooting-a-Cactus-Pad-1.html

Home and Garden Gardening CactusJune 6, 2017
🎉
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Broken-Cactus-Leaves-or-Pads.html