Brown Turkey Fig Tree Care

I just bought a brown turkey fig tree (3 ft tall) for my mom. She lives in a trailer home and I'm concerned about where she can store it in winter. She does not have a garage. Any suggestions?

Also, please advise, how can she know (visually) when is the right time to start pruning? She is deaf and disabled so it's easier if I can explain it to her in a visual way if possible.
Lastly, should she replace the soil every year? It was purchased at a nursery, so I know they used great soil. I just need to clarify for her in the future what to do soil-wise. I did get her some fertilizer which I was told she should use this spring. Thank you!

She can bury the tree up to the rim with dirt to protect it in the winter.