Bumble Bee On Buddleia Bloom

Photo Description
I ran across these pictures today and thought them good enough to share. Now that I won't be outside much, I will spend some time looking over the pictures I have taken this season. It helps ward off claustrophobia and melancholia, and gives me ideas as to what I want to plant in my gardens next year.

I wanted to know if bumble bees made honey. Reddit says, no. All other accounts I read said "yes". They stated that while the honeybee makes enough honey to carry them through the winter, the bumble bee makes only a few days supply. That accounts for the honeybee surviving the winter, while only the queen of the bumble bee nest lives to see another year.

Here is another nice one. Here's what happened. I was trying to shoot the bumble bees. The wind was blowing. The bees wouldn't stay still long enough to shoot them. In desperation I took several shots as fast as I could. I didn't look at them, figuring they were no good. Later, I ran across them and found that two or three were pretty nice.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I just discovered that left clicking on the picture will show you a larger view. Nice.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

GORGEOUS PHOTOS!!! What camera do you use? Bravo!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Toose

A really good photographer can use just about any camera and get a reasonably good picture. I am not a good photographer. So, for these pictures to be acceptable means I was just lucky.

My camera is a Fujifilm FinePix S9900W Digital. A real cheapo at from $199.00 to $329.00. But it serves my needs. My pictures will get better as I learn more about the camera.

Thanks

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Great job! I especially like the photo at the top of the page! Double thumbs up!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Anonymous

Thanks, Benetta!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

And I like the one at the bottom, the best. I added it later in a comment. If you click on it and enlarge it, you will see that it is the sharpest of the three. Also, it shows a little turquoise patch on the bee's back. I didn't know they had such a spot, before.

Reply Like this photo? Yes