Buying Bags for a Rival Vacuum Sealer

Category Storage
Vacuum sealers can save a lot of money but they do need to have a regular supply of storage bags. This is a guide about buying bags for a Rival vacuum sealer.

I am using a Rival vacuum sealer to freeze my husband's garden goodies. I am almost out of the bags that came with the vacuum sealer. I know they are expensive; does anyone know of a source for the cheapest bags or how to use an alternate bag? We tried to use other bags and the vacuum wouldn't work with them.
Thanks so much.

Millie from Williamsburg

Answers

Best Answer

My Wal-Mart sells individual roles of food Saver bags and another brand, which is a little cheaper, I don't particularly like the off brand and it doesn't seem to hold a seal as well.
You can find them on the Internet. It is just easier for me to go down to Wal-Mart and save the shipping and handling.
As for trying to Vacuum seal any other type of plastic bag it needs air channels to sucked the air through a smooth piece of plastic will just suck down on itself. I have placed food in other plastic bags and then into the food saver bag then Vacuum with success, but you need the food saver bag, it is really worth it in the long run to buy the right bags, you can wash them out and use them again and again.

Best Answer

I don't shop at Wally mart or sam's ripoff club but I've found that Target has the best price and they do occasionally go on sale. Foodsaver brand seem to be the best, I always seal mine twice about a half inch apart. usually about $8.99 a roll or pack of bags.

Best Answer

I buy mine online ebay, just pick anyone who has 100 % feedback and you;ll do fine.stay away from the bags that say they have mesh-they don't seal as well. I don't remember how much I pay for them but they are a lot less expensive than the name brand.

I find that buying them from Sam's is cheaper than Wal-Mart or even through Foodsaver's web site.