Buying Life Insurance

I am not too savvy regarding life insurance. I need to get a policy for my husband who is on disability. This is our only income and I need this policy to be able to have burial expenses and to pay other expenses that might occur. He is not ill or anything like that as he is only 65 and in great health.

If anyone can suggest insurance carries, policy types, and amount of coverage that I would need I will appreciate it so much.
Thank you in advance.

By Mary

You said that he's on disability, but in great health, which is contradictory. Anyway, it has been my experience that an insurance will not cover the disability -at all, if they even allow you to buy the policy. For example, if he has a vision problem (they woud cover him for anything but the vision problem) that eventually led to death, it would not pay out; if he died from a kidney problem, then they'd pay.

Life insurance doesn't follow the new rules for health insurance and pre-existing conditions. Also, buying any policy at his age would be expensive, probably a good chunk of his income. We're in much the same situation. Good luck.

Budget & Finance Life InsuranceJanuary 25, 2013
🌻
🎂
📓