Buying a Mattress

Category Shopping
Locating the most comfortable mattress at the best price will help you have a good night's sleep. This guide is about buying a mattress.

When buying a mattress from one of the telephone/delivery mattress services, they all guarantee the lowest possible price. Try calling two, back and forth, a few times, and watch how they keep lowering their prices to beat the competitor!

By Jennifer M.

I'm in the process of buying a new mattress and I just need some input on the ones really worth the money. What are they?

Jenny from Milwaukee, WI

Answers

I have the simmons Beautyrest, which I like. THis is my second one in ten years, because we lost the first one to smoke/water damage (and the movers broke the frame just before that). It is a firm mattress, but my DH has back problems and prefers the couch or floor! We have talked about trying the sleep number bed, but I think we'll have to win PCH sweepstakes first!

I love the memory foam mattress I got for about b$500 from Walmart. com. Its not a pad, its the whole mattress.

Denver matteress is the best. We had the very costly
simmons beauty rest firm and it was HORRID....
$2,500.00 we paid for it Simmons in about 1999 and kept it as they would NOT refund or exchange..
We love our Telluride/Denver mattress and it was
very well priced and so comfy. Go in and test away and check several places and get the one you feel
is best. Good luck.

The BEST BED I've ever had or slept on is a TEMPERPEDIC FOAM BED!!!! IT's wonderful!!!!! :) I'm spoiled now but, worth the money.It cost about $3,k for a king size, but worth every cent!!!!!! :)

Good Night ..........

The best bed I've ever had and still own was recommended by my lil; bro who is a chiropractor. It's a Select Comfort. I.ve had it for 10 yrs and it's still like new, unlike conventional beds where the foam breaks down after a couple yrs. Disassembled you can move it in a car (no struggling with bulky mattresses) and you use regular sheet sets on it. I have lots of back and neck pain and fibromyalgia and this bed has been wonderful. It has dual controls , so your bed mate can adjust the firmness level also. I'd buy thi bed all over again, but next time I'd get a king size!

We recently purchased a TempurPedic bed. We'd surfed the net looking at them, we order the free video and sample of foam, we looked in the mattress stores at them, we asked around. We have not regretted purchasing this bed. I don't hurt when getting up in the mornings, with my back, like I had been for the last year with our old mattress. My husband doesn't snore as much as he did before with the old mattress, nor does he moan and groan in pain (had some vertabrae & cracked ribs a few years ago) when turning over in bed, as he did with the old bed. All in all we get a much better sleep. No regrets at all.

we swear by Stearns and Foster. Bought one 20 years ago and just had to replace it this year. A little more money, but well worth it. These babies are built to last.

The BEST BED I've ever had or slept on is a TEMPERPEDIC FOAM BED!!!! IT's wonderful!!!!! :) I'm spoiled now but, worth the money

ME TOO!!! LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT. Will never buy another kind again. Like sinking into a fluffy cloud. Well worth the money.

We have a serta. I go to bed & wake up in the same position where I use to toss & turn all night due to back pain from AS & FM. It was around the 2 thousand dollar mark but we got it on sale for 1500.00.

I bought a very expensive Denver Mattress double pillow top California King, it has been replaced 3 times. Each replacement was for a different kind of Denver Mattress bed, I am down to a Queen Drs. Choice which is going to be replaced because it failed. The only thing I can say good about Denver Mattress is the 15 year warranty, they just keep replacing the bed when it fails. I still have 7 years on my warranty.

I have a Sleep Number with a leak in the bladder and no way to fix it. The pump is cheap plastic made in China. Any air mattress with a pad on top would be just as comfortable. Sleep Number is a severely over priced gimmick.

We have a Sealy Postropedic with a 10 year warrently. We had it replaced after 2.5 years.... and it needs to be replaced again after another 1.5 years.

How can I save money on mattresses?

By Fina from Tyrone, OK