California Travel Photos

Category Travel
California covers such a large area, encompassing a variety of geographic environments, population centers, and tourist attractions, that is offers many different travel options for visitors to this western state. This guide contains California travel photos.

California Travel Photos

Share Your PhotoCheck out these California Travel Photos shared by the ThriftyFun community!.

Here are some Jellyfish from my trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium in Monterey, California. I could (and did) look at them for hours. There's something very therapeutic about watching them slowly sway in the water.

Woman in silhouette looking at bright red and white jellyfish.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

I went on a road trip with my husband and his parents up the coast of California. In a guidebook we had picked up, we saw a picture of a hidden cove that looked like paradise. We were determined to find it. After a long search, we finally found it. Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park!

Waterfall at Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park (Big Sur, CA)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 14

This picture was taken when we went for a visit to my son, who is in the Air Force and graduating with a degree in Chinese. We were out scoping the gorgeous countryside of Monterey Bay, California.

Scenery (Monterey Bay, CA)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 19

I took this photo of Sturtevant Falls while hiking, and edited it a bit at home.

Scenery (Sturtevant Falls, CA)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

Los Angeles' beautiful Arboretum in the heart of San Gabriel Valley, located in the historic city of Arcadia. Home to where horse racing began in a land once full of citrus orchards, now with grown communities

Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

I have lived in California for 37 years and only now have discovered the beauty of the California Delta.

River at California Delta

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

These are photos that I took on a recent trip to Big Sur, in California. I was totally amazed at the beautiful trees and wildlife that we were able to observe on our trip to this gorgeous place.

Scenery (Big Sur, CA)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

Fullerton Arboretum is a lovely and relaxing botanic garden to visit if you want to have a nice nature walk, picnic or to get some fresh air.

A pond with palm trees and lily pads at Fullerton Arboretum.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

Don't worry, those are not sharks in the water - they're actually surfers! Looks like this state park is very popular for learning how to surf and there are surf lessons available here. It was pretty cool to watch the swarm of surfers! Living in California my entire life and I don't know how to surf.

Comment Like this photo? 1

This is a beautiful lake to enjoy the birds and wildlife. In addition you could go bicycling, walking, jogging, rollerblading, fishing and even have a picnic with the barbecue set up they have, or bring your own barbecue grill. This is a great lake for fun weekend family activities where you could rent kayaks, boats as well.

Lake Murray Reservoir in California.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

The photos here were taken while walking in Los Angeles and enjoying what the streets have to offer.

Train Tracks (Los Angeles, CA)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

These are photos from the Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve in Southern California. We went there last Saturday and it was so beautiful. I couldn't stop taking pictures.

Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

You feel mighty small up side these massive giants! I could look at these magnificent creations of God all day and never overcome the sense of awe they inspire.

Avenue of the Giants

Comment Like this photo? Yes

California Travel Photos

Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following California Travel Photos. Have something to add? Please share your solution!

This page contains California wildflower photos. Wildflowers can present as beautiful blankets of color in their native habitats.

California Wildflowers

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a beautiful spot at Monterey, California. My late sister, Norma loved to feed the squirrels and birds there. We would take bread and peanuts for them. This picture was taken in 1993. Great granny Vi

Monterey, California

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes