Call for Discounts on TV or Internet

When you contract is up with DirectTV, even if you don't plan on switching providers, give them a call and see if they have any opportunities to lower your bill. Tell them you are shopping around to find the best deal. Just to retain my business they lowered my bill by $15 a month without having to sign a new contract.

While on the phone, they will also try to get you to bundle services to save on your bill (if you don't do so already). DirectTV offers discounts when you use 2 or more of their services. They currently offer TV, internet, and phone service. Be wary of doing this. In my area, the internet service they offer is slower and more expensive than other options that I have. If I were to bundle, I would end up spending more money to get the comparable internet service from their provider.

Always ask to confirm that whatever discount you are being offered doesn't require extending or signing a new contact! If you aren't sure of when your contract is up, call and ask. If it's in the future, mark the date on your calendar too and give them a call as soon as your contract is up.